It’s crucial to pick the best web framework to suit your company’s requirements whether you’re launching a new business or wanting to enhance your current website. Python Django, a robust and adaptable framework relied upon by companies of all sizes for years, may help with that.
Particularly in niche markets like content management systems and e-commerce, Django has a sizable market share in the web development business. For instance, 0.5% of the top 10,000 websites in the world as of February 2023, according to BuiltWith, utilize Django. According to numerous rankings and studies, Django is also one of the most widely used web frameworks worldwide. For instance, according to GitHub, it is the third most used web framework as of March 2023. (based on the number of stars).
At its heart, Django is a high-level web framework created to assist programmers in rapidly and effectively creating scalable, reliable, and secure web applications. It’s created using the Python programming language, which is renowned for its readability and simplicity, making it a great option for companies looking to create unique web apps without sacrificing quality.
Why Should You Choose Django?
There are several things to think about while selecting the best web framework for your company. In addition to other factors, you must consider speed, efficiency, security, scalability, and cost-effectiveness. Thankfully, Django performs admirably in each of these areas.
Let’s examine some of Django’s main advantages in more detail and see why your company should use it.
1. Speed and Efficiency
- Quick development process
- Pre-built libraries and modules
Django’s efficiency and speed are two of its biggest benefits. Web application developers may create web apps rapidly while maintaining quality because of its integrated frameworks and components. Whether you’re creating a straightforward blog or a sophisticated e-commerce site, Python Django makes it simple to launch your online application quickly.
Django is also very scalable, which makes it a great option for companies that need to expand their web applications over time. Without having to worry about starting from scratch, you can start small and add additional features and capabilities as your business grows.
2. Versatility and Flexibility
- Compatibility with different platforms and technologies
- Customizable and adaptable
- User-friendly and easy to learn
Python Django’s adaptability and flexibility are two more key benefits. Python Django is simple to connect with pre-existing systems and databases since it is compatible with a variety of platforms and technologies. This makes it a great option for companies who need to create unique web apps that integrate well with their current infrastructure.
Moreover, Python Django is very versatile and adjustable, enabling developers to create web applications that are tailored to the specific requirements of each client. Moreover, even developers with little expertise can pick up the language fast and begin creating excellent online apps immediately because of its user-friendly syntax and simple structure.
3. Security and Reliability
- Built-in security features
- Stable and secure code base
- Large and active community for support
Building web apps requires careful consideration of security and dependability for any organization. Thankfully, Django is exceptional in each of these fields. Cross-site scripting (XSS) and SQL injection attacks are two prevalent security concerns that are guarded against by Python Django’s built-in security capabilities.
New versions of Django are released around every 8 to 12 months. The most recent stable version of Django as of March 2023 is 4.0, which was published in November 2022. Via this, it is made sure that the versions of Django are up-to-date with the latest security features.
Moreover, Python Django has a safe and reliable code base, so you can be sure that your web application will function without any unforeseen hiccups. Also, you can always rely on obtaining the assistance you need to maintain your web application operational thanks to a sizable and vibrant developer community.
- Free and open-source
- Reduced development costs
- Long-term cost savings
Lastly, Django is quite affordable, making it a great option for companies of all sizes. Python Django is a free-to-use open-source framework that can help you avoid paying license fees and other costs related to creating unique web applications.
Moreover, the effectiveness and speed of Django can reduce your development expenses. Developers may construct web applications quickly and effectively, saving time and money because of its short development process, pre-built libraries and modules, and user-friendly syntax.
Is Django Suitable for your business?
Businesses of all sizes use Django, but it’s especially popular with startups and small to medium-sized organizations (SMEs) that need to create unique web applications rapidly and affordably. Django’s user-friendliness and scalability may assist startups and SMEs in fast launching their web applications so they can concentrate on expanding their operations.
Moreover, bigger businesses that need to create intricate, mission-critical online applications that demand high standards of security, scalability, and dependability frequently choose Python Django. Businesses in sectors including healthcare, banking, and e-commerce rely on Django because of its integrated security features, stable code base, and sizable developer community.
Overall, Django is a great option for companies who need to rapidly, affordably, and with high levels of security, scalability, and dependability to create customised online applications. Python Django can support your business objectives and help you keep one step ahead of the competition, whether you’re a start-up, SMB, or major corporation.
Is Django Suitable for MVPs and Prototypes?
Because of its quick development, scalability, good documentation, extensive ecosystem of third-party packages, and built-in security measures, Django is perfect for creating MVPs and prototypes. Without writing a lot of code, developers can quickly create MVPs and prototypes and simply scale them as necessary. The framework’s rich documentation makes it simple for developers to understand and use, and its wide range of package options enables them to expand the functionality of their projects without having to write original code. Moreover, Django contains security measures that are pre-built that can assist guarantee that MVPs and prototypes are safe from the start.
A few examples of web apps created with Django as an MVP:
- Dropbox: Django was used as the backend framework when the first iteration of Dropbox was created. Users could save and exchange files in the cloud using the MVP, which also assisted Dropbox in obtaining funding for further product development.
- Trello: As an MVP, the project management software Trello was first created using Django. Users of the platform may create boards, lists, and cards to organise their chores and projects.
These programmes were first developed as Django MVPs before being expanded into more feature-rich solutions. The developers were able to swiftly test the market with the MVPs and obtain user input, which assisted them in further developing and improving their products over time.
Applications that can be built on Django
We can build a variety of apps using the flexible web framework Django, such as:
1. Content Management Systems (CMS)
Django is a popular option for developing CMS systems like WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla because of its integrated admin interface and strong database modelling capabilities.
Django CMS frameworks:
- Wagtail: A content management system (CMS) with built-in SEO and versioning features.
- Mezzanine: An easy-to-use CMS with blog and e-commerce features.
- Django CMS: A user-friendly CMS with support for multiple languages and built-in SEO.
2. Social networks and community-driven websites
Django is a great option for creating social networks, forums, and community-driven websites because to its authentication system, support for user profiles, and user-generated content.
- Pinax: A collection of reusable Django apps for building social networks and community-driven websites.
- Django-allauth: An authentication framework for social media logins.
- Django-friendship: A framework for building friendship and follower/following relationships between users.
3. E-commerce websites
- Django is a great option for creating online marketplaces, e-commerce platforms, and online stores since it supports payment gateways and has a flexible framework.
E-commerce website frameworks::
- Saleor: A customizable e-commerce platform with GraphQL API support.
- Django Oscar: A modular e-commerce framework with support for multiple payment and shipping options.
- Shuup: An e-commerce platform with built-in inventory and order management.
4. Business applications
Django is a well-liked choice for developing unique business applications, such as CRMs (Customer Relationship Management), ERPs (Enterprise Resource Planning), and project management tools, thanks to its support for database modelling and its integrated ORM (Object-Relational Mapping).
Business Application Frameworks:
- Django-CRM: A customer relationship management (CRM) system for managing leads and sales.
- Django Ra ERP: An open-source enterprise resource planning (ERP) system with modules for accounting, inventory, and more.
- ERPNext: An all-in-one ERP system with modules for accounting, CRM, inventory, and more.
5. Real-time applications
Django is a fantastic option for developing real-time apps like chat applications, collaboration tools, and multi-user games due to its support for WebSockets and its asynchronous programming features.
Real-time application frameworks:
- Django Channels: A framework for building real-time applications with WebSockets.
- Django-SocketIO: A library for building real-time applications with SocketIO.
- Django WebSockets: A library for building real-time applications with WebSockets.
6. API-driven applications
Django is a popular choice for developing RESTful APIs for mobile apps and other external services due to its built-in support for constructing APIs and interoperability with well-known API frameworks like Django Rest Framework (DRF).
API-driven application frameworks:
- Django Rest Framework: A powerful framework for building API-driven applications with support for authentication, serialization, and more.
- Tastypie: A flexible framework for building RESTful APIs with Django.
- Django OAuth Toolkit: A toolkit for building OAuth2 providers and consumers.
To sum up, Django is a reliable and flexible web framework in Python appropriate for companies of all sizes. It has several advantages, including quickness and efficacy, adaptability and flexibility, security and dependability, and affordability. For businesses wishing to develop customised web apps rapidly, economically, and securely, Django is the best option. For startups and small to medium-sized businesses (SMEs) looking to quickly develop their online applications, Django is a fantastic choice due to its scalability. Django is used by larger companies for their mission-critical web applications in industries like healthcare, finance, and e-commerce because it offers integrated security measures, a stable code base, and a strong development community. Moreover, because of its quick development, scalability, good documentation, and built-in security measures, Django is perfect for creating MVPs and prototypes, making it a valuable tool for businesses.
We at Wolfpack, specialize in developing applications which are fundamentally built on Django. More than 60% of our projects are developed on Django as we have the right expertise in our team which helps us to satisfy the requirements of our client. –> Book and appointment with wolves